The restaurant General Manager is responsible for the overall operations of the restaurant, ensuring the successful delivery of the10 Corso Como brand philosophy. This includes recruiting, leading and developing people to execute the restaurant’s philosophy; fostering a positive, stable working environment for the employees; and building sales and controlling costs to deliver optimum business results for the stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participates in the community as a representative of the company.
- Responds to customer complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the customer will leave happy and continue to frequent the restaurant.
- Maintains and promotes among staff and other managers a “no-compromise” attitude towards providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Remains available via cell phone to respond to needs even when not on restaurant grounds.
- In coordination with the management team, recruits, retains, trains and develops an optimum number of staff who are enthusiastically dedicated to delivering the highest level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Demonstrates and reinforces leadership behaviors necessary to gain employees’ loyalty, satisfaction and pride.
- Gives direction, delegates effectively and develops management team.
- Effectively schedules staff three weeks in advance to provide sufficient restaurant coverage, while at the same time controlling labor costs.
- Creates and is ultimately responsible for execution of restaurant goals in all areas of operations to achieve the desired volume growth and optimum profits.
- Monitors P&L statements to overcome problem areas and discrepancies within the restaurant and takes appropriate action to ensure optimum profits are achieved.
- Maintains safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the well-being of restaurant staff and the protection of restaurant assets.
- Administers written performance reviews for all restaurant managers and, in alliance with the other managers, oversees staff performance reviews.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
- Opens and closes the restaurant ensuring appropriate housekeeping and presentation standards are adhered to following established procedures and checklists.
- Administers in-restaurant payroll and employment record keeping procedures.
- Ensures that all restaurant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis including but not limited to: daily sheets, purchase orders, accounts payable, bank deposits and employment-related forms.
- Provides oversight to ensure all private events effectively maximize sales potential and deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 10 years restaraunt management experience within a five or six star hotel or casino environment.
- Previous experience opening a full service hotel and proven track record of providing the highest level of guest and employee satisfaction.
- Strong financial and analytical acumen.
- Must be a skilled leader who creates an inspiring vision, who communicates the vision well, and who leads by example through mentoring and coaching a high performance innovation and business analyst/process team. Must be results oriented and able to drive the process of converting and idea into production.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills are needed to manage this diverse team: must support and advance a culture of committed action, excellence and respect.
- Proven ability to align a team behind a focused vision and deliver against plans.
- Emphasis on creating partnerships with internal and external customers and looking for ways to support multi-stakeholder success.
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal and listening) are a must.
- Strong analytical capabilities including budgetary and financial acumen.
- Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.