The Las Vegas 51s are looking to add an outgoing and driven Account Executive (AE) to their staff. This position will report to the VP – Ticket Sales and work directly with the entire ticket sales staff to generate multiple ticket packages and group ticket sales. The Account Executive should have excellent people skills, time management and be highly organized. The AE must also be prepared to work long hours and maintain a professional attitude and appearance. Candidate must be a team player willing to help out wherever they are needed including other departments in the organization.
The Account Executive’s main responsibility is to generate ticket revenue by developing and maintaining season and group ticket accounts. The AE will sell new season ticket accounts through outside sales appointments with businesses, and over the phone sales to local residences. The AE will also sell new group accounts to decision makers within businesses and non-profit organizations. This person will report directly to the Director of Ticket Sales.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set appointments over the phone with decision-makers, consistently meeting the weekly goals for sales appointments
- Meet weekly phone call and appointment minimums
- Deliver sales presentations in front of company decision-makers, tailoring packages according to each company's needs, and handling objections in an effort to bring in new season and group ticket sales
- Develop and maintain a database of potential group and season ticket customers
- Contact group leaders through the database and through new leads, particularly after a direct mail piece is released, to bring in new sales
- Prospect for quality leads, particularly through asking for referrals.
- Provide customer service to existing accounts by visiting with them during games, as well as provide amenities
- Make phone calls during the season and off-season to ensure personalized, continual contact with ticket holders
- Complete any customer service and operational duties in season as assigned
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. contract fulfillment)
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES:
- Must be enthusiastic, creative and able to think both strategically and tactically
- Well organized and have strong time management skills along with customer service skills
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and ability to multi-task and adapt to sudden changes in market
- Ability to attend all home games
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekend and holidays
- Bachelor degree
- 2-3 years’ experience in sports team sales, general business sales, or sports management is preferred
- Previous experience in face-to-face and telemarketing sales is ideal