The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Administrative Assistant will (under limited supervision) provide all aspects of administrative support to the Ward Village sales team.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs high-level, administrative work, including frequent complex and confidential clerical work organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, exchanging and analyzing information.
- Prepares communications with various stakeholders such as operations and leasing team members, contractors, tenants, neighboring properties, etc.
- Coordinates operations contracted work, and Broker events as directed by management.
- Participates in administrative functions such as budgeting or developing spreadsheet tracking reports.
- Assists in implementing property activities, internal and external.
- Contacts are with executives, managers, other employees and customers mainly to assist with information exchange, problems and requests.
- Studies management methods to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, and implement cost reductions.
- May provide administrative support to Accounting.
- May perform administration/coordination to Marketing.
- Assists in daily business of managers, which includes general office work, answering phones, greeting guests and word processing, sorting and distributing mail.
- Research, prepare and edit reports and presentations
- Reads incoming mail and independently handles or attaches appropriate file/information for recipients.
- May direct services, such as maintenance, repair, purchasing and replenishing supplies, mail and files.
- Obtain and track business license information and all other relevant and required documents from licensors such as certificates of insurance, financials, contact info, etc.
- Track and update sales information.
- Assist with monthly reconciliation process.
- Research, prepare and edit leases, leasing reports, proposals, and presentations.
- Multiple levels of tracking spaces, tasks, projects – with high understanding of process and work flow.
- Manage all meeting coordination details including: location (if required), catering, AV equipment, meeting materials, etc.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes sales activity list.
- Schedules meetings/conference calls and appointments, makes travel arrangements, as needed.
- Informs General Manager of problems.
- Prepares, maintains and distributes activity and event lists.
- May manage/update Insurance Certificates for any/all vendors.
- May operate as management office support person for localized computer software/hardware.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma.
- Minimum 2 years of Administrative Support experience
- Hawaii Real Estate license, or willingness to become licensed
- Professional interaction with clients and vendors.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Highly proficient in MS office applications: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook.