Usher-Las Vegas 51s
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
Ushers become the familiar face inside the ballpark that fans remember.
- Politely greet, direct and escort patrons to their seats.
- Check assigned sections for cleanliness, hazards or potential safety issues and lost and found items.
- Clean seats off for patrons using towels provided by the Usher Supervisor.
- Assist patrons with questions regarding concessions, bathrooms, exits, etc.
- Provide assistance to patrons with special needs.
- Ensure patrons adhere to ballpark safety regulations.
- Work with the Usher Supervisor to help resolve seating issues and customer service concerns.
- Other duties as directed.
- Deal effectively with a wide variety of personalities and situations requiring diplomacy, tact, friendliness and poise.
- Assist with set up of tables and chairs for other events as directed.
- Ability to work home games between April and September.
- Attend pre-event meetings and other training as required by management.
- Ability to climb steps repeatedly.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Work in a fast-paced, busy environment with environmental conditions such as heat, rain and wind.
- Maintain a professional, neat and well-groomed appearance.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs waist high.
- Work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.