BI Platform Architect
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The position requires a broad range of skills and the ability to wear many different hats including leading business-facing interactions; developing business and technical expertise around Howard Hughes’ systems; designing and developing end-to-end enterprise analytics solution components; and maintaining the solution in production environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strong data modeling capabilities data cube design and implementation experience
- Lead hands-on design and implementation of enterprise analytics and performance management solutions in a complex enterprise environment.
- Collaborate with business and technology leaders to identify key business requirements to enable enterprise performance management strategy.
- Responsible for designing, configuring and deploying enterprise performance solution by using the Microsoft SQL Server analytics technology stack.
- Responsible for data architecture and data integration with dimensional data modeling, data sourcing / mapping, and data flow within the implemented solution.
- Conduct project planning and work estimates.
- Responsible for operational monitoring, maintenance, and troubleshooting for the Microsoft SQL Server & Tableau analytics platform.
- Define and ensure adherence to architecture standards, reference models, clean coding standards and processes.
- Provide technical direction and work with 3rd party vendors to define and deliver enterprise analytics applications.
- Strong Dashboard development skills specifically with Tableau
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Eight to ten years of relevant experiences in planning and delivering enterprise-wide analytics, performance management and data warehouse solution using proven solution delivery methodology frameworks and best practices.
- Eight plus years competency with Microsoft SQL Server technology stack.
- Expert knowledge with multiple successful implementations of Microsoft SQL Server analytics solution.
- Working knowledge and experiences in data design / dimensional data modeling.
- Working knowledge and experiences in SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server development tools.
- Three plus years of experience in designing and deploying Tableau Dashboards
- Mastery of all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP source systems, including Oracle JD Edwards preferred.
- Experience with enterprise performance management and KPI development.
- Experience with commercial real estate preferred.
- Great customer service mentality and ability to effectively work within multiple levels of the organization.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Willingness and ability to pursue information with outside departments and third parties.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication capability.
- Possess proficient analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Proficient ability to communicate effectively with others using written and spoken English.
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others; conducts working relationships in a manner acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Possess a capacity and passion for cross-functional learning, experimentation, and innovation.
- Experienced in working across functions and work groups as needed so the company and department can achieve or exceeds its overall business objectives.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program in computer science, information technology, or other related field or equivalent experience required.