Culture + People Generalist
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
We are seeking an ambitious, career driven HR Generalist to join our Culture & People organization. As part of our team, you will be responsible for ensuring effective day-to-day Human Resource service delivery in the following areas: HR project management, employee relations, training and development, compensation, performance management, HR compliance, on-boarding, record keeping, and HRIS system administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Triage and respond to incoming employee relations calls and cases ranging from benefits, data & records, non-ERC, compensation, training, sensitive situations, etc. and provide support, research and problem resolution as needed.
- Performs system maintenance for Workday. Ensures data integrity and conducts self-audits. Maintains proper documentation for all input.
- Maintains and/or creates records and documents for employee data transactions such as hires and terminations. Maintains personnel and other HR files ensuring compliance with regulation and company policy.
- Coordinating new hire orientation and on-boarding activities.
- Assists in the maintenance of affirmative action program; filing EEO-1 report annually; and maintenance of other records, reporting and logging to conform to EEO regulations.
- Conducts employee relations counseling and coaching and exit interviewing, analyzes exit interviews and makes recommendations for continuous improvement strategies.
- Manage global immigration processing, working closely with immigration attorneys, sponsored employees, and managers to ensure applications are processed in a timely fashion.
- Assist Sr. Director, Culture & Communication with quarterly new hire orientation.
Participates in the planning, preparation and end product for organizational leadership reviews.
Support in preparing board and comp committee decks – including PowerPoint presentations, etc.
Assist in benefits administration - employee benefit questions, provides support for open enrollment, conducts invoice auditing and reconciliation, resolves employee coverage inquiries, etc.
E-mail Organization for SVP of Culture & People. This includes sorting through e-mails; distributing e-mails to different people/locations if necessary; checking with SVP of HR to determine if and/or what kind of response is necessary to e-mails, meeting requests, social events, etc.; drafting responses for SVP of HR’s review and all other activities related to organizing and responding to e-mails.
SVP of Culture & People and team calendar organization. This includes keeping track of meetings, appointments, conference calls, social engagements, etc. and ensuring the SVP and team is aware of their scheduled obligations on a daily basis.
Assist in reconciling the Culture & People team’s corporate credit card on a monthly basis. This includes obtaining the required receipts and other back-up documentation, preparing expense reports and ensuring expense reports are processed in a timely manner.
Manage & track all HR expenses, including initiating PO’s and AMEX billing.
Special projects and other duties as needed.
Be a steward of HHC’s culture by developing positive employee relationships and helping to foster a climate of high performance, teamwork, collaboration, and effective communication.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree.
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressive experience and proven track record of success in roles focused on HR generalist work.
- Experience with Workday, Ultipro or ADP is highly desired.
- Superior skills in using HR software to access and manipulate data.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
- Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.