Executive Catering Chef
The Howard Hughes Corporation, the nationally-recognized real estate company overseeing the re-development of New York City’s Seaport District, envisions the repositioning of the property as a magnet for attracting locals and visitors alike with a unique, year-round blend of entertainment, food and retail offerings. The centerpiece of the Seaport District’s renaissance is an entirely re-imagined Pier 17 complex, featuring a one-of-a-kind outdoor Rooftop event and entertainment space with stunning views, designed for the presentation of high-profile headline concerts, corporate and private event rentals, television events, and a Winter Village experience, among other programming.
Pier 17 will feature four unique venues: R17, Heineken Riverdeck, Market Hall, and The River Lounge. R17 is located on the rooftop of Pier 17. This fine-dining restaurant, complete with two rooftop terraces, will play host to the Pier 17 Rooftop concert series and its V.I.P's.
The three venues on the ground floor will meet the needs of all guests. Heineken Riverdeck consists of multiple kiosks, which offer an express way to purchase Heineken beers and sodas, while relaxing and enjoying river views. Market Hall is an all-day grab & go dining experience with fun specialty cocktails. The River Lounge presents an exciting escape. In the evening, live music, a small plates menu, and inventive cocktails turn The River Lounge into one of the city’s most sophisticated lounges.
Each venue at Pier 17 delivers exclusive views of the Brooklyn Bridge and the city skyline. As an essential part of New York for over 300 years, the re-envisioned Seaport District will continue to function as a much-needed community anchor and a “Port of Discovery” for the rapidly growing population of Lower Manhattan.
The Executive Catering Chef will provide direct support to the Executive Chef of Pier 17 in overseeing and supervising the daily operations of the kitchen, providing professional leadership and training to all BOH staff members. He or She will be highly involved with scheduling, payroll, and all culinary related clerical work.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain catering menus for the Pier 17 Catering and Event Sales Department
- Maintain all catering food cost. Ensure monthly and annual catering cost goals are achieved for Pier 17 and complete weekly and monthly forecasting of catering revenues.
- Responsible for the smooth operation of kitchen functions.
- Implement and maintain daily food preparation and quality control standards.
- Participate in hiring, supervision, scheduling, development, and training of all BOH staff members.
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Maintain a healthy, happy, and productive work environment to foster loyalty and dedication.
- Maintains a favorable working relationship with all company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate that will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity and efficiency/effectiveness.
- Responsible for kitchen operations.
- Assist in monthly inventory of food, small wares, and equipment.
- Maintain low staff turnover rate and high morale.
- Operate ethically to protect the image of the company.
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding food cost, labor cost, and other operating expense forecast.
- Ensure that proper security procedures are in place to protect employees, guests, and company assets.
- Ensure a safe working and guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents; complete accident reports promptly in the event that a guest or employee is injured.
- Accountable for maintenance of all kitchen equipment and facilities.
- Enforce disciplinary actions as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum 10 years of culinary catering management experience.
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports.
- Computer literate with the ability to learn and adapt to using new programs.
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and collaboration skills to manage this diverse team; must support and advance a culture of committed action, excellence, and respect.
- Self-disciplined, shows initiative, possess leadership ability, and is outgoing.
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success.