Real Estate Development Associate
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Real Estate Associate to join the Development team in our Honolulu office at Ward Village. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter with excellent quantitative skills, a strong academic record, and a passion for real estate development.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Play a key role in the analysis of existing and future development opportunities.
- Create and update valuation models in excel for retail, residential, and mixed-use projects.
- Perform ad-hoc financial modeling to analyze impact of various scenarios on project returns.
- Review and abstract leases, development agreements, contracts, and LOI’s.
- Assist project developers in preparation of investment memo’s and presentations.
- Provide project management support through design, entitlement, sales, construction, financing and closing phases.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in business, finance, or real estate preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in real estate or related field. Recent graduates with an excellent academic record and strong internship experience will be considered.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, including ability to create and update complex financial models.
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting deadlines and performing well under pressure.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate results of analysis to senior team members and structure persuasive arguments to support findings.
- A passion to learn the investment and development business in Honolulu.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.