Real Estate Development Manager
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
We are seeking a Development Manager who will be responsible for the schedule, cost, revenue, and performance of projects under their direction. Manager-level members of the development team at Ward Village are capable of collaborating for the execution of a successful project, including the financial modeling, planning, design, entitlement, permitting, sales, marketing, corporate communication, and close-out of mixed-use developments.
The selected Manager will have the ability to effectively oversee internal and external teams of staff and consultants to achieve project success while simultaneously building positive company reputation with all team members.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Market Analysis: Manage the procurement and completion of demand and supply analyses of local and offshore markets and related economic drivers resulting in strategic direction for project programming, mix, and target markets.
Financial Modeling: Develop financial models for potential projects and refining the cost and revenue assumptions to generate an accurate projection of performance and risk for the organization.
Due Diligence: Ensure all necessary due diligence is completed in a timely manner to support project entitlements and development.
- Design Management: Procure and manage multidisciplinary design teams from concept thru construction close-out.
Entitlements: Successfully complete all necessary design, due diligence, legal efforts, and community development actions to gain entitlements and infrastructure service for projects.
efforts needed to secure permits allowing the timely
Permitting: Complete all necessary efforts needed to secure permits allowing for the timely construction of projects.
Sales & Marketing:
Subdivision and Condominium process: Manage all efforts needed to complete land division and condominium property regime documentation in order to support sales.
Marketing oversight: Oversee the creation of models, vignettes, brochures, renderings, digital assets, advertisements, and work with in-house creative studio and in-house sales & marketing department to manage delivery / launch.
- Oversee the schedule, performance, budgets, and completion of construction by in-house construction management team to ensure delivery meets performance projections and quality levels represented to customers.
Provide high-quality customer service to all stakeholders from buyers, lessees, lenders, and other stakeholders involved with projects.
- Develop strong personal and company relationships with key stakeholders through networking, industry events, and community involvement.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years’ experience with construction or development (Preference for Oahu experience).
- Experience with mixed use development: residential (primary focus), commercial/retail, other.
- Professional interaction with team members, stakeholders, government officials and staff.
- Building positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercising sound judgment when making decisions.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively working with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and attention to detail skills.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solving/creative thinking.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Multi-tasking and extensive organization and follow up.
- Must possess exceptional communication skills, the attention to detail required to manage projects and people, and a high level of experience in property development.
- Real Estate knowledge required.
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office software products, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented, fast-paced environment and work under pressure.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.