The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Accounts Payable Concur Analyst/Accountant will support and maintain the day to day activities of all T&E expense and PCard functions, including travel reimbursement, expense reporting, receipt audit, corporate card and PCard distribution and troubleshooting, and travel and PCard policy adherence. The Accounts Payable Concur Analyst/Accountant reports to the Senior Accounts Payable Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform day to day administrative duties of the Concur System, including pulling the Concur files for integrations, setting up new cardholders, making changes to cardholder access or business unit, inactivating accounts for terminated employees, and adding G/L accounts and expense types when needed.
- Review all daily, weekly and monthly reports to ensure that data is processing correctly per Corporate policy; including performing reconciliations between Concur and JD Edwards to ensure all batches integrate successfully. Resolve discrepancies for any batches that failed integrations.
- Review expense and PCard reports submitted by employees for overall reasonableness and receipt attachment, ensuring that users are not in violation of Corporate T&E and PCard policies.
- Provide solutions to user problems in a timely manner to ensure high user satisfaction and productivity.
- Train all new travelers and Pcard users in the use of the Expense reporting solution to adhere to Corporate Policy. Work with employee and business unit to assist and troubleshoot when a card may have been suspended or canceled.
- Actively monitor T&E and PCard card activity and when suspected, identify to Manager possible fraudulent activity, suspected "exception" matters and/or non-compliance.
- Responsible for the linking of new Corporate Card and/or Pcard to an employee in expense reporting system to ensure Corporate Card automated feed of charges.
- Monitor Corporate Card payments and refunds.
- Assist with auditor requests, including providing copies of expense reports as required and answering any T&E questions as they arise.
- Oversee Concur System maintenance, which includes making the necessary changes to audit rules, reports and system settings to ensure compliance with Corporate Travel Policy. In addition, activate and maintain employee data, and monitor out of pocket reimbursements.
- Ensure that T&E and Pcard process and procedure documentation and User documentation are properly maintained and that updates are created, as required, in a timely manner.
- Prepare accrual reports for month end entries.
- Produce monthly reporting metrics from Concur system.
- Work with Concur support and IT to resolve technical issues.
- Research and respond to internal and external accounting/financial questions and resolve issues.
- Perform other related accounts payable duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or Associates degree.
- Travel & Expense management experience required.
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience as an accounting group team member.
- High proficiency working in excel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to prioritize tasks by levels of importance and urgency.
- A basic understanding of GAAP and/or Financial Statement presentation.
- Must have experience with expense reporting software - Concur preferred.
- Working knowledge of Accounts Payable desired.
- Experience with JD Edwards software is a plus