The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Accounts Payable Nexus Administrator/Accountant will perform various tasks related to system maintenance, support and analysis for the Nexus Payables system. Duties consist of routine and non-routine administrative functions using general procedures and processes. The Accounts Payable Nexus Administrator/Accountant reports to the Senior Accounts Payable Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform day to day administrative duties of Nexus Payable System, including adding new workflows, updating existing workflows, creating new business units, activating accounts and setting up new users.
- Research and resolve Nexus exception invoices to avoid future issues.
- Contact vendors to include appropriate business unit number and/or vendor number to invoice header.
- Work with Property Accounting and Corporate Accounting teams on coding issues.
- Perform daily reconciliation between Nexus and JD Edwards to ensure all invoices integrate successfully.
- Resolve discrepancies for any invoices that failed integrations.
- Prepare accrual reports for month end entries.
- Produce monthly reporting metrics from Nexus system.
- Perform testing for any changes to workflows.
- Work with Nexus support and IT to resolve technical issues.
- Conduct training for new hires and to existing users for system changes.
- Maintain documentation and training materials and distribute revised documentation and training, when necessary, due to system configuration or operational changes.
- Research and respond to internal and external accounting/financial questions and resolve issues.
- Perform other related accounts payable duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor or associates degree preferred.
- Knowledge of Nexus Payables system (or other Accounts Payable workflow system) is preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience as an accounting group team member.
- High proficiency working in excel.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills and an ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and be able to prioritize tasks by levels of importance and urgency.
- A basic understanding of GAAP and/or Financial Statement presentation.
- Experience in supporting Accounting close processes.