Over the past six years, The Howard Hughes Corporation has diligently worked to revitalize the South Street Seaport District. The newly renovated Seaport District will be world renowned for events, entertainment and retail. After completion, the Seaport District will encompass seven buildings on several city blocks totaling more than 400,000 square feet filled with cutting-edge dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural offerings that will be one of the city’s ultimate destinations.
As part of the redevelopment effort, Milan-based 10 Corso Como will be opening in the Seaport District as part of the districts ongoing transformation. The New York store will be 10 Corso Como’s only U.S. location and is consistent with other offerings curated to date by The Howard Hughes Corporation for the revitalized Seaport District that will include culinary experiences from renowned restaurateurs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and the Momofuku Group led by David Chang, a 40,000 square foot food market by Jean-Georges, iPic Theaters and the new Pier 17® highlighted by its 1.5-acre rooftop that will be programmed year-round and become one of the world’s most recognized entertainment destinations.
10 Corso Como New York is a lifestyle destination that offers men's and women's fashion, beauty, books, objects and design. As a Visual Merchandiser, you will be responsible for creating an inspiring store that leads to a great customer experience and increased sales. This role requires a strong merchandiser who enjoys building creative displays, styling mannequins, who can also construct, plan, and manage the store´s communicative and merchandise displays.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in all visual merchandising strategies and current trends to help sell product in the store and support company sales goals.
- Partner with Merchandising for strategic product placement and fixture productivity in support of sales objectives.
- Ensure timely installation and demonstrate the ability to properly install and remove trim/window presentations and store promotional events in a timely manner, including the ability to pack, unpack and prep all props.
- Demonstrate an eye for detail with regard to design and composition.
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of display materials.
- Ensure all visual safety programs and protocols are followed, including shop and visual space organization.
- Plan and work with sales and operation goals to drive growth.
- Support in-store routines and sales staff when necessary.
- Train and provide daily feedback on garment and display presentation to the store staff.
- Inform store team about changes in the presentation of garments and displays.
- Support successful execution of in store lighting through proper installation, removal and adjustment of general store lighting, and visual enhancement lighting.
- Partner with the stock supervisor to process and prepare incoming inventory.
- Create bi-weekly and monthly visual reports for the corporate/home office.
Supporting internal departments
- Working with the sales teams to ensure that visual standards are upheld.
- Maintain constant communication with the management team and other relevant teams regarding any visual merchandising updates and concerns.
- Support the Stock Controller by assisting with shipment processing and merchandise preparation as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
3+ years’ experience in retail visual merchandising, preferably within luxury fashion.
Experience in merchandising and styling with knowledge of current fashion trends and styles.
Basic construction skills in building and assembly of visual props preferred.
High level of ownership, accountability and initiative.
Ability to meet the physical requirements including but not limited to, lifting heavy boxes and climbing ladders.
Outstanding communication skills (written, oral, and listening).
High level of time management and organizational skills
Detail-oriented with ability to manage multiple tasks
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and knowledgeable in Microsoft Word
Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.