The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
The Retail Engineer's primary responsibilities will include interior/exterior maintenance of common areas and building system inspections at the retail properties, parking garages and other corporate assets at Downtown Summerlin. The employee will assist in the facilitation of all property services and work with outside contractors in completing construction, maintenance, and other required projects. Retail Engineer will complete routine work orders involving preventive maintenance on building systems and other tenant/owner requests involving familiarity with air conditioning, electrical, lighting, elevators, fire alarms, generators, roofing, and other building equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in rotating schedule based on property needs.
- Maintain and repair HVAC systems along with other building equipment and systems.
- Perform general maintenance and repairs, as assigned throughout common areas.
- Monitor property and minimize risk liability (trip hazards, etc.).
- Inspect site lighting and repair as needed.
- Effectively communicate and support Tenants, customers, co-workers, third-party contractors and other contracted services.
- Set-up and teardown of events including, but not limited to, tents, tables, chairs, stage, lighting and sound systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 3 years Facility Maintenance or Trade/Field related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Trade School’s Apprenticeship Program preferred.
- HVA C-Refrigerant Reclaim Certified preferred.
- Good Tenant relations skills.
- Valid Driver’s License if applicable.
- Work with little supervision
- Interact effectively as part of a team
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, high precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic chemicals and extreme weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.