Retail Sales Associate – 10 Corso Como
Over the past six years, The Howard Hughes Corporation has diligently worked to revitalize the South Street Seaport District. The newly renovated Seaport District will be world renowned for events, entertainment and retail. After completion, the Seaport District will encompass seven buildings on several city blocks totaling more than 400,000 square feet filled with cutting-edge dining, shopping, entertainment and cultural offerings that will be one of the city’s ultimate destinations.
As part of the redevelopment effort, Milan-based 10 Corso Como will be opening in the Seaport District as part of the districts ongoing transformation. The New York store will be 10 Corso Como’s only U.S. location and is consistent with other offerings curated to date by The Howard Hughes Corporation for the revitalized Seaport District that will include culinary experiences from renowned restaurateurs Jean-Georges Vongerichten and the Momofuku Group led by David Chang, a 40,000 square foot food market by Jean-Georges, iPic Theaters and the new Pier 17® highlighted by its 1.5-acre rooftop that will be programmed year-round and become one of the world’s most recognized entertainment destinations.
10 Corso Como New York is a lifestyle destination that offers men’s & women’s fashion, beauty, books, objects and design. We are looking for a Senior Sales Associate that is responsible for delivering best in class client service, achieving individual sales goals, building lasting client relationships through mastery of product knowledge and selling ceremonies as well as understanding store operating processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve and exceed individual Sales Goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) including, Individual Sales Volume, Units per Transaction (UPT) & Average Dollar per Transaction (ADS).
- Maintain a strong drive for results and a positive, team first attitude.
- Work as a team player and partner with fellow colleagues, foster open and constructive communication, to ensure a consistent exceptional experience and contribute to a positive working environment.
- Ensure a welcoming client focused environment, which includes offering best in class service, in person, over the phone and through electronic communication.
- Maintain a local and international client book with the ability to recruit and develop top clients.
- Capture meaningful customer data according to the Company tools (CRM), for the purposes of connecting with the client, building relationships and personalizing future client development opportunities
- Demonstrate strong product expertise, engage clients through the details and stories of our products.
- Problem solve in partnership with leadership team to ensure that each client issue is properly resolved to the benefit of the business.
- Support floor moves, merchandising, visual merchandising, and housekeeping as needed
- Follow all cash desk policies and procedures, including proper cash handling, along with credit card and customer privacy compliance.
- Accurately process charge-send sales per company guidelines.
- Assist in packing and wrapping customers' merchandise.
- Responsible for individual stock assignments, including organizing floor stock and back stock.
- Participate in all inventory and cycle counts and protect the assets of the store through understanding and complying with operating procedures.
- Maintain security standards within the store to ensure safety of customers, colleagues and merchandise.
- Attend product knowledge training and store meetings.
- Follow all company policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 3+ years of luxury retail sales and client service experience.
- A strong clientele base or client book is preferred.
- Proven ability to drive and exceed individual and store results.
- Ability to develop strong and lasting client relationships through strong communication, organization and follow-through skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Candidate should be team-focused with a desire to collaborate effectively.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs which includes, evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.