Marketing Manager, Hospitality
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
We are currently seeking a Marketing Manager to support our hospitality operations at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center, located in The Woodlands, TX.
Lead the development of marketing programs, initiatives and oversee marketing programs to drive lodging occupancy as well as revenue streams associated with accommodations, restaurants, and meeting and leisure facilities at The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.The Resort features 406 guest rooms, a concierge floor, and 60,000 square feet of meeting space.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Assist in the creation and implement annual and monthly marketing plans for the Hotel, Spa, and Restaurants, both internally and externally.
· Manage the advertising, website and public relation agencies.
· Plan and place all advertising. Assist in the creation of all spa, restaurant and resort marketing materials and advertising.
· Assist public relations agency with press releases on special achievements, activities or events that relate to the Resort, Spa, and Restaurants.
· Attend and strategize with the Food & Beverage task force to promote individual branding and increase local and Resort guest usage.
· Research and consolidate content with public relations agency for website distribution channels.
· Assist in the execution of media events and promotions.
· Assist in preparation of sales and marketing expense budget for the Resort.
· Assist in the development and execution of the annual media plan.
· Support corporate and direct sales efforts with appropriate direct mail, collateral and lead generations.
· Assist in planning, promotion and coordinating special events including but not limited to customer appreciations events, socials, wine tasting, press trips, customer trips and
· Attend Rev Max meeting and help communicate occupancy and the implementation of appropriate strategies and tactics.
· Update various websites with marketing messages.
· Work with Director of Marketing, Operations and F&B Operations to disseminate and integrate cross marketing opportunities.
· Create and implement measurement matrix for all sales and marketing activities.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Five years of marketing work experience; preferably in hospitality.
· High degree of organization, attention to details and level of professional conduct. Self-starter, ambitious and multi-tasker.
· Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, additional language ability is a plus, however, not required.
· Proficient in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Creative and graphic skills, desirable
· Strong analytical skills.
· Previous supervisory experience.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in marketing, business and/or communications preferred
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”