The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
This person will be a key member of our human resources team and will administer and assist employees with all of the company's employee benefits programs. These benefits may include all or part of the following: medical/dental coverage, short-term/long-term disability, supplemental benefit programs, retirement programs, 401(k), FMLA requests, and other leaves of absence. The selected candidate will oversee the annual open enrollment period and provide continual benefits education to employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide direction and expert advice to all levels of employees concerning benefits.
- Support administration of the 401k program, including audits and overseeing 5500 filings.
- Pull regular reports to be presented to senior leadership regarding employee and plan activity.
- Serve as a vendor/broker liaison for retirement benefits and manage escalated issues.
- Provide assistance to employees regarding benefits options and questions.
- Maintain employee records and partner with Payroll on benefits deductions for 401K plan.
- Oversee management of a legacy pension plan including participant communications.
- Provide oversight and administration of company stock plan.
- Management of executive level benefit plans.
- Communicate benefit plans and information throughout the year.
- Complete benefit audit requests, Medicare benefit Verifications, etc.
- Respond to benefit carriers concerning required disability information.
- Audit weekly reports for errors concerning all benefit plans.
- Oversee Leave of Absence plan.
- Oversee state disability management.
- Act as a liaison between the employees and benefit center with various issues.
- Manage annual Open Enrollment process, including benefit presentations.
- Monthly reconciliation of benefit invoices to payroll.
- Administer benefits in accordance with the ACA.
- Manage monthly claim analysis for self-insured medical pan.
- Other duties as assigned.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Five to seven years of benefit management experience required.
- Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Exercise sound judgment when making decisions.
- Work overtime as required.
- Able to meet deadlines as necessary.
- Effectively work with minimal supervision.
- Strong Organization and Attention to Detail skills.
- Exceptional Communication Skills both verbal and written.
- Good problem solver/creative thinker.
- “Can-do” attitude, pro-active and resourceful.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word
- Should be comfortable with computer applications in general
- Bi-lingual Spanish a plus.
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information.
- Customer Service
- Positive Attitude
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Experience with Fidelity preferred
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
- An Associate’s degree or equivalent training and education.