The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The individual will have the responsibility to provide the business with expert knowledge, training and guidance to enable the co-ordination of master data maintenance activities. The analyst must work with a sense of urgency and have a laser focus on the defined projects. It is essential that they work well as a team and independently.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and maintain vendor master, business unit level and object account data.
- Manage the routing and completion of master data creation/change requests.
- Assess and manage data structures and processes.
- Responsible for data accuracy and data integrity checks.
- Participates as a project team member on key application development projects.
- Closely interact with IT in providing master data subject matter expertise input to various departments as related to the business.
- Work closely with various levels within the company’s finance, accounting and information technology departments as well as external auditors.
- Builds and sustains customer relationships.
- Conduct end-user training and support testing activities.
- Maintain SOX compliance.
- Identify and execute continuous improvement opportunities within data management processes in all applicable systems.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Minimum 1 year professional experience with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business.
Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain/translate business and reporting requirements to understandable IT terminology, and visa-versa.
A basic understanding of GAAP and/or Financial Statement presentation.
Experience in supporting Accounting close processes.
Skilled in interpreting customer requirements and proactively turning them into solutions.
A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Technical and Industry Experience a plus, particularly real estate, property management, finance and accounting.
Knowledge of JD Edwards general ledger application.
Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field required.