The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
Reporting to the Portfolio Manager this position will support the Property Managers as accounting support for the Howard Hughes Portfolio in Columbia, MD. Duties include manage and maintain the accounts payable process, accounts receivable process and month end close procedures. In addition, this position will be part of the Property Management team in Columbia and will assist with all portfolio wide initiatives as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Stewards of the Brand and Customer Experience-physical plant, strategy, future development needs, day to day facilities. Regularly associates with Tenants to insure their satisfaction with building operations, leasing and management issues. Working relationship and knowledge of Tenants –pro-active not re-active
- Assists with monthly financial reports, annual budgets, and other documents in accordance with company policy. Seeks thorough understanding of the information/variances and reviews with Property Management Team.
- Assisting Property Manager with additional projects that support moving our business forward.
- Accountability with leasing to maximize value- is engaged and supporting leasing.
- General Admin functions to include but not limited to phone management, filing and mailings.
- Month End Close Process
- Base Rent Reconciliation (excel)
- Manage and Maintain Accounts Payable Process to include
- Manage Nexus Platform
- Vendor follow-up
- Accounts Receivable management to include
- Mailing Rent Statements
- Tenant Check Deposits
- Manual Billings
- Reoccurring Billings
- Tenant follow-up on outstanding balances
- Direct Liaison with Accounting/Cash Application
- Additional Duties and required.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES:
Bachelor's degree in Finance/Real Estate/Accounting; a plus
1-3 Years of accounting or bookkeeping experience, emphasis in Property Management plus