Sr. Financial Systems Analyst
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The Sr. Financial Systems Analyst will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance of financial software, provide day-to-day support in financial applications, and work as part of a team in system development, upgrade projects, implementations and integration of new acquisitions.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Liaison with accounting, finance, and IT teams to provide support to business stakeholders for financial systems (primarily Blackline, Hubble, Hyperion, and JD Edwards).
- Provide day to day production support for assigned modules and provide support to financial and own overall responsibility of assigned modules.
- Develop and design new reports as requested by user community.
- Participate in system upgrades, including requirements gathering and documentation, functional design documentation, configuration setup, testing, and training.
- Provide insight and recommendations to analysis of proposed data design additions, structure changes, value determinations, standards and conventions on systems.
- Responsible for data accuracy, performing and reporting on periodic audits and data integrity checks.
- Active participant as the subject matter expert for master data on projects; including testing of enhancements and working directly with IT on desired results.
- Owns training documentation for master data. Prepare and deliver master data training.
- Support system security and support/coordinate software updates and patches as needed.
- Work closely with various levels within the company’s finance, accounting and information technology departments as well as external auditors.
- Conduct end-user training and support testing activities.
- Maintain SOX compliance.
- Process expert for team; End-to-End process knowledge including impacts up and down stream.
- Special projects and other duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years professional experience with Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Accounting Information Systems.
- 2+ year’s systems administration experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain/translate business and reporting requirements to understandable IT terminology, and visa-versa.
- A basic understanding of GAAP and/or Financial Statement presentation.
- Experience in supporting Accounting close processes.
- Skilled in interpreting customer requirements and proactively turning them into solutions.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Handle a dynamic work environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
- Technical and Industry Experience a plus, particularly real estate, property management, finance and accounting.
Knowledge of Blackline, Hubble, Hyperion and JD Edwards.
Financial Consolidations experience within a public company.
- Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: