Associate Design Manager
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit—values still embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation today. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company. At the core of our DNA, we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. We strive to embody these same qualities for every individual that our company touches, from stakeholders to partners, from consumer to shareholder.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We demand excellence and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties in the United States. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast.
The Associate Design Manager will be responsible for supporting the Development team in all aspects of their projects’ design and construction, particularly: design direction, review, and management of the internal design review and specification process. Responsibilities will be to a variety of retail, restaurant, and mixed-use development projects in New York City, Hawaii, Houston and Las Vegas; which are in various stage of predevelopment, design or construction. The successful candidate will demonstrate ability to think like an owner, with a focus on value creation, and prioritize owner-driven agenda. This position will be based in New York and report directly to the Vice President of Design and Development.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate Design Manager will contribute to the oversight of all aspects of the design process. S/He will focus on the coordination of consultants’ work from pre-concept through construction. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize, and in some cases run, internal and external meetings related to design;
- Establish agendas for design meetings, track action steps and administer follow up;
- Develop and track budgets and schedules from the development team and track the progress of each project;
- Monitor construction administration with the construction team
- Collaborate with leasing and marketing groups, organize collateral so the sales/leasing objectives are achieved through design;
- Collaborate with building management and facilities groups so that all supporting spaces and requirements are achieved through design;
- Conduct periodic coordination meetings involving HHC consultants so that information is shared and dialogue is constant;
- Monitor the production of design drawings to ensure all relevant construction information is included;
- Coordinate presentations such that the extended team is informed of design progress and properly synchronized with shared objectives;
- Issue RFPs and make recommendations that connect the right skill set with the project demands;
- Review and comment on all deliverables;
- Develop and maintain deliverable schedules;
- Conceptualize and execute design deliverables, specify FF&E and materials
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
The ideal candidate must:
Maintain strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
Build positive working relationships with employees at all levels within the organization
Demonstrate professional interaction with clients and consultants
Suitability to an entrepreneurial culture that places a premium on performance
Complex thinker of high intelligence, creative and innovative problem-solver
Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
Basic knowledge of building systems
Possess strong conceptual design, organizational, presentation, and technical expertise
Proficient in AutoCAD, Photoshop, specifications
Finish and material, furniture specifications/selections, and knowledge of local material resources required.
Flexibility with hours and scheduling
Passionate, entrepreneurial and dedicated to success.
EDUCATION, CERTIFACTIONS AND LICENSES