Building Maintenance Engineer
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
Support the Property Operations Team at multiple Columbia based assets, both office and retail by performing general preventive maintenance and corrective repair of buildings, industrial systems, equipment and grounds. Working under close supervision, assists in monitoring building system operations and performance. Utilizes several trade skills such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, heating and cooling.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor the physical condition of the complex and correct unsafe conditions; perform day-to-day maintenance of building operations including heating, lighting, other utilities, grounds, doors and signage
- Work with engineering team to ensure the condition of the building provides an inviting and safe work environment for tenants and guests
- Maintain Angus Work Order system, accurate records for work orders/preventative maintenance, safety, repair/replacement of major equipment, utility cut-off, sewer clean-outs, and inventory of parts and supplies
- Assist with diagnoses of and perform maintenance/repairs on air conditioning, heating, electrical and plumbing systems, water and sewer lines, stairs, gates, fences, railings, roofing, tile, carpet, flooring, doors, , windows, gas and electric boilers, chillers, walls and ceilings, security system, tile, other equipment as required
- Performs welding, carpentry, furniture assembly and locksmith tasks as needed.
- Perform tasks assigned by chief engineer and/or property manager to include but not limited to preventive maintenance, painting, equipment repairs etc.
Assist with maintaining fire and life safety standards
Inspects new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
Helps maintain grounds of facility or property performing such tasks as raking, sweeping, leaf blowing or snow removal
Assist with maintaining MSDS manuals
Respond to AFTER HOURS emergency calls portfolio wide on a rotating basis
Member of the facility emergency team and safety inspection team
- Perform day-to-day maintenance of building operations including heating, lighting, other utilities, grounds, doors, and signage
- Completes work consistent with corporate processes and policies
- Assists the engineering team with responding to tenant emergencies
- Coordinates with property management staff in performing tenant work order and general maintenance work
- Complies with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and Company directives related to building operations and work safety
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES: