Exciting opportunities await you at Seaport District NYC! The Seaport District’s renaissance is an entirely re-imagined Pier 17 complex, featuring a one-of-a-kind outdoor Rooftop event and entertainment space with stunning views, designed for the presentation of high-profile headline concerts, corporate and private event rentals, television events, and a Winter Village experience, among other programming.
The ideal candidate has a genuine passion for hospitality, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with exemplary organizational and multi-tasking abilities. We are looking for someone who is team oriented, has a willingness to contribute with a flexible and positive attitude, and wants to be a part of a company that continually strives for culinary excellence and nurtures its team for growth. The Receiver is responsible for receiving, sorting, organizing, and maintenance of storage and kitchen areas. He or she should have a passion and understanding of food products, knowledge of proper storage and ability to focus on the tasks assigned by your supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to all safety rules
- Document overages/shorts/damages, expiration dates, product temperature, trailer condition, evidence of pest infestation or product tampering
- Assist with receiving and sorting inventory
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mis-picks, shorts and damages
- The ability to maintain a clean, orderly, hazard-free work area
- The ability to clean, dust, sweep, mop, polish, scrub, wash, strip, and buff common areas
- Examine condition of product as it arrives from various carriers.
- Responsible for notifying receiving clerk or purchasing department of any quality or quantity issues
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILL
- Minimum 1 year New York restaurant Receiver experience required
- Proficient in the following dimensions of restaurant functions: food planning and preparation, purchasing, sanitation, security, company policies and procedures, personnel management, recordkeeping, and preparation of reports
- Exhibits excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-disciplined, shows initiative, possess leadership ability, and is outgoing
- Basic math skills to come up with percentages
- Must be passionate, entrepreneurial, and dedicated to success
- Able to lift 75 lbs.
- Limited food preparation required at times