The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with an unrelenting passion for excellence. While his achievements in aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his investments in real estate that form the foundation of our company. With passion, determination and limitless imagination, he built one of the great American empires of the 20th century. At Howard Hughes, we live by our purpose to help people discover new ways of experiencing life - because it’s not just buildings and places that matter, it’s what you do with them that can change the way people live.
We aspire to be the most creatively driven real estate company in the world and we believe in fostering a culture that is built to last by cultivating curiosity and empowering every employee to find their story in this great organization.
Director of JDEdwards Technology Platform will be responsible for day-to-day management of JDEdwards (JDE) financial applications and the related interfaces, work closely with JDE users to understand the current issues and run multiple projects at the same time. Lead and manage application development, support, and upgrade of JD Edwards. Plans and directs the analysis, design, and implementation of those projects as well as assuring consistency in look and feel to JD Edwards. Such projects involve the development of a new system, substantial changes to a current system or implementation of a packaged product. Plans availability of sufficient resources to meet the requirements of the projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for leading and managing JDEdwards platform and support team by mentoring and motivating them to perform at the highest level.
- Provides oversight for systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, documentation, and support of technical solutions with Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Interviews user, analyzes user’s concern, reviews procedures and actions taken by user, and instructs user to perform diagnostic procedures in order to determine and complete the resolution/escalation of the user’s concern.
- Coordinate implementation of system enhancements, upgrades, updates, patches, and fixes to assure optimal system performance, data integrity, and reliability
- Serves as the key technical interface between IT and all business functions dependent on JD Edwards EnterpriseOne to determine current and future business and technology needs
- Serve as “hands-on” escalation point to identify and suggest approaches to resolve production issues
- Manage, coordinate, and oversee JD Edwards applications development activities, including project definition, application design and analysis, programming, testing, implementation, and documentation
- Possess strong expertise in JDEdwards Financials, Real Estate, Fixed Assets and Job Cost modules
- Expert level knowledge on JDE integrations with other 3rd party systems
- Develops written communication and documentation for users and for internal use.
- Self -starter who takes initiative and is proactive.
- Ability to solve complex problems independently, assist the support team with issues, and troubleshoot bugs.
- Run multiple projects simultaneously based on prioritizations
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor degree. MS preferred.
- Proven ability to work as an IT Leader & Manager including experience directing multiple complex initiatives, projects from formation through deployment and creative problem solving to quickly address IT issues.
- 10+ year of proven expertise in software technical design, planning, project management.
- A team player who has the ability to multi-task and is self-directed.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail.
- Must be deadline focused, organized and exhibit problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work with little supervision and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment; must be able to effectively manage both ambiguity and aggressive timelines for projects.
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with business units, executives and staff.
- Proficient with financial analytical reporting tools.
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project, Visio.